With the world battling the coronavirus or commonly referred to as Covid-19, development of a vaccine became a necessity. Several countries have come ahead and used their resources to produce and develop a vaccine against the virus. While many vaccines are still under progress, there are a few vaccines that are currently in use across the globe. Let us have a look at them.
Crux of the Matter
Let us have a look at the Covid-19 vaccines developed by major nations that are currently in use.
Three Covid-19 vaccines developed by China are used in countries across the globe:
- Sinopharm or the BBIBP-Cor V Covid-19 vaccine
- Coronavac or the Sinovac Covid-19 vaccine
- Covidicea or the Cansino Covid-19 vaccine
India is producing two vaccines, one of which is developed by AstraZeneca:
- Covishield is the name of the AstraZeneca vaccine produced by Serum Institute of India
- Covaxin which is developed and produced by Bharat Biotech
The country has developed two vaccines which are currently in use:
- Sputnik V which is developed by The Gamaleya National Centre
USA is till now producing three Covid-19 vaccine:
- Moderna vaccine or the mRNA-1273 vaccine
- Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine- This vaccine is also known known as Comirnaty and is developed in partnership with the German company BioNTech.
- Johnson and Johnson or the Janessen Covid-19 vaccine is developed by Janessen Vaccines in Netherlands.
The AstraZeneca vaccine developed by Oxford is also produced by South Korean company SK Bioscience Co. Ltd and has the tradename of AstraZeneca-SKBio.